Wednesday, April 1, 2015

1925 Fashionista

To pass the time during a kitchen reno, I scrapped yet another LO of Evelyn Nesbit, the early 1900's Super Model that I'm so obsessed with (LOL!).

I chose a mix of paper collections that coordinate very well together:
    ~Bo Bunny Somewhere in Time
    ~Bo Bunny The Avenues
    ~Graphic45 Steampunk Debutante 
      (I really love the femininity of this rose printed paper.  It matches perfectly with the  colors in this LO)


I started by stenciling a few areas of the page using copper crackle; then stamped with a Bo Bunny Stained Textures stamp; finished with a few good sprays of Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Shabby Turbine Teal. 
From a separate identical page, I fussy cut the beautiful teal flowers in the bottom corner and made them three dimensional with foam tape; inked the edges & then dressed them up with Patina colored Stickles.

I was especially excited to find a steam locomotive sticker in the Bo Bunny Somewhere in Time collection because, as you can see, Evelyn Nesbit Thaw is standing on a locomotive in this wonderful 1925 photo!  So, I enhanced this sticker with metal cogs and cotton for the 'steam'.

Since the Bo Bunny collection has a feminine/industrial theme, I was inspired to use lots of metal embellishments.  I also added microbeads for interest.  I combined colors Paradise & Jungle to become reminiscent of teal.
Here are some close ups of the metal embellies and the microbeads:

 

 
I added Wild Orchids Crafts roses (the teal ones were sprayed with LSG Starburst Shabby Turbine Teal); some rusty/natural colored hemp; punched rust colored cardstock to look like lace; and added finishing touches of microbeads & stickles.
Although it's a busy LO, I really enjoyed creating it and I'm pleased with the outcome.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great day!  Lisa : )
 
Products used:

Bo Bunny Somewhere in Time collection – page name Imagination & Combo Stickers
Bo Bunny The Avenues collection – page name The Avenues
Graphic45 Steampunk Debutante collection – page name Fantasy Floral
Bo Bunny – Stained Textures Stamp
TCW stencil – 6x6 Mini Cut Circles
Prima Finnabair ArtExtraVagance Texture Paste – Copper Crackle
Sizzix BigZ Tim Holtz die – Elegant Flourishes
Tim Holtz idea-ology – Ornate Plate
Martha Stewart punches – Embroidery & Rose Leaf
LSG Starburst spray – Shabby Turbine Teal
Inks: Distress Ink Rusty Hinge; pigment inks Burnt Sienna & Teal
Stickles – Rusty Hinge & Patina
Wild Orchid Crafts - mulberry roses
Michael’s & Hobby Lobby – metal embellishments
Recollections – micro beads Paradise & Jungle 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Lisa! So many beautiful details! Love the fussy cut flowers with stickles accents, the gears for the train wheels, all the other metal embellishments and microbeads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is intricate, detailed and just GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!