Tuesday, November 11, 2014

So Pretty and Nice

I just had to scrap this recent photo (9/26/14) of my gorgeous Gali (officially named Galadrial). She was lounging in her most favorite spot on the corner of the breakfast table next to the bay windows where she watches doves & sparrows feed and then falls asleep in the process (hee hee).  Before we lucked out to have her in our home, she was a show cat and also a breeding queen, who kept the perfect Birman genes going in her bloodline with two litters!  It is difficult to photograph her because she has such a very dark chocolate face mask and her demeanor is so sweet, innocent & girly that she doesn’t open her eyes nearly as wide as her baby daughter Lucy does. 

Gali is very mellow and laid back.  I am so blessed to have the best of both worlds – rambunctious & hilarious (Lucy) and loving, sweet, mellow, who becomes a big kitten sometimes (Gali).  Mama Gali & her baby daughter, Lucy, really love each other and get along so well.  They are playmates (as long as Miss Gali tolerates Lucy’s relentless playfulness).  Guess their opposite nature complements each other. : ) 

I always say to Miss Gali that she is “So Pretty and Nice” – thus the title of this LO of my sweetie heart!

I chose Kaisercraft’s Lavender Haze collection with its dainty pink and blue colors.  This particular page had some black splatter print on it, so I used black gesso to stencil some Tim Holtz splatters on some of the edges of the main page. 
 
I incorporated jet black color throughout this layout to stand out against the pastel colors. The chipboard cursive script title custom made by Want2Scrap was heat embossed with pure black.

Check out the stamps I used. 
The round doily is so cute and very intricately detailed. 
I used a pink color pencil to fill in the hearts in the stamp design. 
I got this idea to add color with a color pencil from my sweet friend, Tracy Funk.  Even though she uses watercolor pencils (in such an artistic and beautiful way), the thought of coloring in something really inspired me! 
Visit her totally awesome blog My Funky Scrapbook Blog.  
 
I found this dragonfly stamp in the $1 bin at Michael’s!  It is so incredibly detailed!  I never leave Michael’s until I’ve carefully scanned through the bargain bins : ).

I used ready-cut outs from the Lavender Haze collection for decoration; one being a tag, dragonfly and flag that I glued together with a word block by Recollections; made a double layered dragonfly; and also placed a dragonfly with a foam circle on top of a bottle cap to place in the center of the doily stamp.  All made neat embellishments for this LO.
 

 

 
 
Well, it's time to move on to the next project – scrapping my Grand kitties : ).
Thanks for stopping by for a peek!  Have a fabulous day!  Lisa : )

Products used:

Kaisercraft Lavender Haze collection
    ~ pages named “Mulberry” & “Jacaranda”
    ~ collectables (ready cut-outs)
Martha Stewart circle punch - “Triple Loop”
Tim Holtz layering stencil - “Splatters”
WeRMemory Keepers stamp - “Round Doily”
Michael’s  $1 bin stamp – dragonfly
Recollections – metal jeweled flowers
Wild Orchid Crafts – Pink toned sweetheart blossoms
Pigment ink - black
 



4 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job on this Lisa, so pretty, and with some great technique work. Gali is gorgeous as always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Nancy! You are always so generous in your compliments. Lisa : )

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work, Lisa! Gali is gorgeous just like her daughter. Love all your dragonflies and how you used the Tim Holtz stencil. I have so many stencils I'm afraid to use including that one, lol. So sweet of you to mention me and link to my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Tracy for the compliments. You know how much they mean to me since I regard you as such a fabulous artist : )

      Delete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!