Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Swallowtail

Thanks for coming to my blog today!  On August 16th, I looked out my kitchen windows into my front garden and THERE IT WAS - a gorgeous swallowtail butterfly flitting around in my flowers!  I ran like a ‘crazy’ woman with my arms up in the air to get my camera, while begging God to make it stay there.  My pets were all looking at me with ‘concern’ – LOL!   Luckily my prayer was answered!  I was able to get a couple of pretty good close ups of this beautiful creature even though it was flying around so fast from flower to flower!  HOLY MOLY WOW!  This was such an exciting moment for me because it’s rare to get a glimpse of beautiful butterflies like this where I live.  I guesstimate it measured 3-1/2” from its head to the tip of the tail piece on the hind wing.  It flew away with the same grace of a large wingspan bird.  Awesome! 

The Kaisercraft paper I chose to create this layout was such a close color match with the golden color in the butterfly!    I decided to ‘dress up’ the paper a little bit by using stick on black rhinestones in some of the diamond shapes and also emboss a harlequin design where the title would be placed.  I also embossed a diamond design on cardstock to match the fuchsia color of the flowers in the photos.  If you look closely, there is blue color on the hind wings of this beautiful butterfly, so I used blue paper to frame the large photo.

Here is how my layout turned out:

 
 
 
This close up shows the embossed harlequin design using 'kaleidoscope' powder. 
 
 
Now for the WOWZA
I sprayed two white Prima zipper flowers with Lindy's Starbursts. 
I decided to use two different colors on each flower. 
I fully sprayed and dried the large flower; then I sprayed right into the center and let the beautiful blue color spray mix a bit with the gorgeous green.  WOW!  STUNNING!
On the smaller flower I covered up the flower petals when spraying the center so that the two colors would not mix together - happy! The shimmer in these sprays are just phenomenal and I'm always so pleased with the outcome!

 
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!  Lisa : )
 
 
Products used:

Kaisercraft ‘Porcelain Rose Collection’ papers (main page & blue piece under large photo)
    -Martha Stewart “Stained Glass Pattern” punch all over the page
Recollections cardstock color: Fuchsia
    -Sizzix Textured Impressions embossing folder “Diamond”
TCW (The Crafter’s Workshop) 6x6 Template “mini Harlequin”
    -heat embossed with Stampendous! “Kaleidoscope”
Webster’s Pages alpha stickers “In Love” for the title
    -Michael’s brand ‘clear’ glitter glue (more like a kaleidoscope effect)
Want2Scrap stick on black baby bling rhinestones (to make the diamond shapes)
Prima zipper flowers “Queen Mary White”
    -Recollections bling brads added to the centers
    -large flower used Lindy’s Starbursts “Lucky Shamrock Green” (“Bachelor Button Blue” in the center)
    -small flower used Lindy’s Starbursts “Glory of the Seas Gold” (“Lucky ShamrockGreen” in the center)
Other flowers: Recollections, Prima & Wild Orchid Crafts

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!