Saturday, August 23, 2014

Hibiscus

Hi there!  Thank you so much visiting my blog today!

In the winter of 2013, we had a few days of "freeze" way down south here near the Gulf of Mexico.  I really thought many of my plants had died but was pleasantly surprised to see that my Dad's hibiscus (Dad passed away in 2011 and I brought all of his potted flowers home with me) survived! These are a couple of photos I took on 8/2/14. I know that Dad would be so happy and proud that his flowers are being cared for and enjoyed. I am scrapbooking flowers that I have grown through the years, so I always try to keep these pages fairly 'simple'. For me, it is about the photos after all - to reminisce about the flowers I have been able to grow over the years.
I loved the colors in the DCWV collection "The Coral Couture" so I used nothing but these papers from this collection to do this LO. I stenciled some of the main page using homemade texture paste and after placing the photos decided to add flat back aqua colored pearls (12mm & 16mm sizes) from Wild Orchid Crafts. The stencil is Heidi Swapp 12x12 Circle Lattice. I recently saw a wonderful LO that had paper rosettes on it and that inspired me to make some for this LO. It has been a very long time since I've made them, so it was very enjoyable for me - especially since the gold colored buttons came from my dear mother's sewing stash. I used decorative 'wavy' design scissors to enhance two side edges of the LO and one of the photos background page.
I absolutely LOVE the alpha dies I have by Life Style Crafts named "Espresso" - so I made the title from these.
I hope you enjoyed viewing this layout just as much as I enjoyed making it!
Have a truly wonderful day!  Lisa :)

Products used:
DCWV "The Coral Couture" collection & cardstock collection
    -Heidi Swapp 12x12 Stencil "Circle Lattice"
Life Style Crafts Alpha Die “Espresso” (for the title)
Wild Orchid Crafts - Flat back Aqua color pearls  (12mm & 16mm sizes)
Deco scissors “wavy” design
“The Paper Studio” brad
Buttons from my dear mother’s sewing stash
ColorBox pigment inks used: Aqua, Burnt Sienna, Butterscotch, Pink Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!