Friday, April 3, 2020

Saturday Night Photo Booth

I'm really enjoying creating with the beautiful new 
 "Irrevocable Beauty" collection by 49 and Market
I'm also thoroughly enjoying using photos of my mother
 when she was a teenager in the 1940's.
I chose some fun photos that teens enjoyed taking 
with each other in a photo booth. 

Imagine a Saturday night in a little bitty town 
that didn't even have a theater to go to a movie.  
These photo booth shots were probably taken at a 'Hall' 
in my Mom's rural town of Gueydan, Louisiana.  

This is what I imagine.  
A bunch of teenagers having fun dancing 
and taking photos in a photo booth in the 1940's.

The title is die cut from Tim Holtz's (Sizzix) Alpha-Numeric Thinlits Script.
These are my favorite because they are the perfect size; the font is really pretty; and you can glue them together to look like continuous cursive.

To accomplish a filmstrip look...
I had to get a little creative using Tim Holtz's Filmstrip Frames 
because they are much smaller than the photos I printed.  
Using a beautiful shimmery bronze cardstock, 
I cut out the filmstrips, then trimmed them to use only the edges. 
I glued these edges to a solid piece of cardstock in the same color. 
Voila!

Here are close up photos throughout my layout.
Beginning with the always gorgeous & stunning; 
very detailed butterflies by ReneaBouquets!  
These are super luscious and are called "Leopard".
I changed the antennae to a bronze color to match better with the colors in my layout.

 I used a fave "Baby's Breath" chipboard piece from Creative Embellishments
I dabbed it with "Creamy Brown" ink.
Microbeads in Grape & Peony colors are mixed together
and then glued on each flowering part of the babys breath stems. 
Added interest and beauty was accomplished by adding 
the adorable 49 and Market Laser Cut butterfly. 

49 and Market Orchid & Mint colored flowers are a perfect match for this page!
and again - I just LOVE the laser cut elements!

Such a gorgeous beauty my mother was!

This is Mom with her friend, Saks.

Mom with another friend, Steve.

And this is Mom with Murphy.


Thanks for coming by. 
Hope you are safe & healthy through this waiting game with COVID-19.
Lisa

Products used:

49 and Market - Irrevocable Beauty collection
"Efflorescent"

"Timekeeper"

Laser Cut Elements


49 and Market - Flowers

Vintage Shades Blossoms
"Orchid"

Pixie Petals
"Mint"


ReneaBouquets - Butterflies
Tiny Treasures Set - "Leopard"

Sizzix - Tim Holtz Dies
Thinlits
"Alpha-Numeric Script"

Sizzlit
"Filmstrip"


The Dusty Attic - Chipboard
"Small Filmstrips"

Creative Embellishments - Chipboard
"Baby's Breath"

Michael's - Recollections 
  • Microbeads in Grape & Peony colors
  • Diamond Cut Iridescent Lavender Rhinestones
  • Bronze Shimmery Card Stock

Tools
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Trimmer

Sizzix Big Shot 


Adhesives
Beacon 3-in-1 Glue

Tombow Mono Glue


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!