Friday, April 24, 2020

Cards for the elderly during COVID-19

I got permission from a local retirement home 
to give handmade cards for the residents and staff there.

It's a small way to hopefully brighten someone's day 
during this never-ending isolation.


I made a total of 86 cards sized 3-1/2" x 5".
I have loads of paper collections, 
so I chose those that had thick enough paper,
nice patterns & were white on the back side
so that a message could be computer printed.

Each front has a die cut with these computer printed words:
Die cut shape for the Staff

Die cut shape for the Residents

This retirement home has done a fantastic job 
of keeping their residents safe during COVID-19 pandemic.
They are on lock out, so vistors are allowed.
Stringent rules are also in place for the Staff & residents. 
I'm so impressed and amazed how quickly they got things in place.

They have a box outside the locked front doors
where cards & such can be placed.
The Staff collect the contents & bring them inside. 


I kept the cards very simple.
Each is in an envelope addressed like this:


I was able to coordinate colors with the solid card stock I have.
These are the different patterns I chose for the residents' cards:

The printed sentiment on the back of each card:




These are the chosen patterns for the staff's cards:


And the sentiment on the back of each card for the staff: 

Thanks for dropping by!
Maybe you could make some uplifting cards
for a nursing home or hospital staff
in your area. 
Lisa 

These are the products I used:

Spellbinders dies - 
Labels Thirty-Four

Fleur de Lis Squares

Paper collections - 

K&Company - Value Scrap Pad

DCWV - French Country

DCWV - Primrose

Adhesive - 
used this instead of glue
to adhere 1" cardboard squares
under each die cut

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!