Sunday, May 12, 2019

Elvis Presley - for Joanne

My BFF's sister, Joanne, asked if I would make her an Elvis layout.
I wasn't sure where to begin, 
but one thing I knew was it had to be gaudy in a tasteful way...if there is such a thing.


Elvis' signature is the title.


I found a couple of nice photos on Pinterest.
I feel these were taken during a time when he was in the prime of his career.
THIS is the "Elvis" I think of....
flashy; gaudy; sexy.

I selected the backside of Blue Fern Studios "the Powder Room" page 
from their Tattered Walls Artisan Collection.

There's a beautiful design on the left hand side of the page. 
I turned the page so that the design could adorn the top of the layout.
This is because it reminds me of a beautiful ornate arch above a stage.




White Modeling Paste was applied through TCW's stencil "Mini Confetti".
I wanted it to emulate fireworks.
The addition of silver glitter dots adds to Elvis' style...flashy.


I placed his popular song titles along the layout edges.
These were computer printed in various sizes and fonts on
Maja Design Denim and Friends page "Sunbleached".
I added cardboard under some of them for dimensional interest.





Kaisercraft's wonderful "Iron Gates" were easy to emboss
using Blue Fern Studios EP "14 Karat".
Since Elvis is known as the "King of Rock", 
what better way to express this than to top these glittery gates with a crown!


The Dusty Attic chipboard "Music" is embossed in the beautiful glittery blue of BFS's EP "Starry Night".

I created a couple of small flower arrangements to place under each photo.
The Dusty Attic leafy branches are inked in Olive Pastel color
and lightly brushed with white gesso to tone them down.
I added drops of "Ocean Blue" Liquid Pearls on the berries to bring them out.




When it comes to Elvis, the more glitz & glam - the better!
Diamond shaped clear, reflective rhinestones were placed near each song title.

Thanks so much for your visit!
Have a great day!
 Lisa : )

Products Used:



Blue Fern Studios
Tattered Walls Artisan Collection
"the Powder Room"


Maja Design
Denim & Friends collection
"Sunbleached"

The Dusty Attic
Mini Branches #2

Music



Kaisercraft
Wooden Iron Gate

Wild Orchid Crafts flowers
2-tone Aster Daisies

Red Carnations

Blue Open Roses (15mm)





Red Lilies

Baby Blue Sweethearts

White Tea Roses (25mm)



TCW Stencil
Mini Confetti

Media
Liquitex
White Gesso

Blue Fern Studios
EP "14 Karat"

Blue Fern Studios
EP "Starry Night"

Liquitex
Professional Modeling Paste
"White"

ColorBox
Petal Point Chalk Inks
"Olive Pastel"

ColorBox
Pigment Ink
"Colonial Blue"

Ranger
Liquid Pearls
"Ocean Blue"




Adhesives
Tombow Mono Glue
(for chipboard)

Scor-Tape Sheets
(for photos)

Beacon 3-in-1 Glue
(for flowers)



Michael's /Hobby Lobby
      Metal Crown, Silver Glitter Dots, Red Rhinestone Brad, 
      Clear Diamond shaped Rhinestones, Antique Silver Ornate Label Plate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!