Tuesday, May 26, 2015

You were the best

Here is a tribute layout of Greta with photos taken in June 2011.  I've mentioned before that Greta loved to run and fetch tennis balls in our backyard.  So, what is more fitting than photos of her taking breaks in the cool grass - one with a tennis ball in her mouth!

I so loved to kiss the jet black part of her muzzle right above her mouth.  I swear to God it felt just like velvet.  I was never ever even a tiny bit afraid of those massive jaws and huge teeth.  I totally & completely trusted her.  My kissing would sometimes get on her nerves & she would give me a big wet lick in the face and then run off - LOL!  Sure miss that Greta!
 
A fellow scrapper gave me some Prima Color Bloom sprays!!!!!  I immediately fell in love with the gorgeous purple color Pressed Petal.  I chose the perfect papers in the Kaisercraft Botanical Odyssey collection that has the same deep plum colors!  WOW the colors match astonishingly close!   Because this collection has a pretty blue in it, I also used the Prima spray Summer Sky.  Purples & blues are my most fave colors!  Thanks to my wonderful gift of gorgeous Prima sprays, I am very pleased with how this layout turned out!!  This is the first time I have ever used these sprays and I absolutely LOVE them!  Thank you dear, sweet friend : ) 

Using the Tim Holtz round blending tool, I inked the edges of the entire layout with Distress ink Broken China (blue color) to form a 'smoky like' perimeter frame.  Then I misted & splattered with the Summer Sky blue spray and added splatters of Pressed Petal color too.
The deep plum colored flowers were doused in the Pressed Petal spray.  WOWZA!  Aren't they gorgeous!?!  The blue one with plum color in its center and on the petals was covered in Summer Sky blue and then paint brushed with Pressed Petal plum.
 
 
The title is custom cut chipboard from Want2Scrap.  At first I heat embossed the tops of the letters with Lindy's Stamp Gang Morning Glory Azure and the bottoms with LSG Royal Burgundy Blue.  Although they were unique and cool looking, they just didn't look right on the layout, so I re-heat embossed over the blue using the Royal Burgundy Blue (rich burgundy with a blue shimmer).  Here is a close up:


I chose pieces from the Kaisercraft Collectables - leafy stems; words & tags; and the tiny word "June" at the top of the LO among the flowers to signify the month these photos were taken.  All of the butterflies are from the collection that I scanned & enlarged and then fussy cut.
 
BTW, just a tidbit to share.  I keep all of the sticky foam pieces that once had foam dots in them.  They still have the wax paper covering just like the dots had.  I can cut pieces from it in the sizes needed.  These pieces work especially well for tiny things, like the butterflies on this layout : )
 
For a subtle plum-ish color, the beaded ribbon surrounding Greta's gorgeous photo was sprayed with LSG Starburst Bodacious Blush.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful day!  Lisa : )  ^..^

Products used:
Kaisercraft collection - Botanical Odyssey
DCWV – The Gauze Paper Stack
Prima Color Bloom sprays – Pressed Petal & Summer Sky
Tim Holtz Distress ink – Broken China
Want2Scrap – custom chipboard title words
Lindy’s Stamp Gang – embossing powder Royal Burgundy Blue; Starburst spray Bodacious Blush
Martha Stewart punch – Double Arches
Fiskars corner punch – Scallop
Flowers – Prima Annette collection (Belina); Recollections; The Paper Studio; Wild Orchid Crafts
Hobby Lobby – beaded lace ribbon
Creative Charms – Vintage Pink brad
VersaMagic chalk ink – Perfect Plumeria

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the misting and splattering you did on the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appears that your comment was duplicated. Thx sweet Tracy for your nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design, colors, misting, flowers, photos, and story!! And thanks so much Lisa for the lovely comments on my blog, you are so nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!