Thursday, May 21, 2015

Gorgeous & more Gorgeous

Another layout of my gorgeous Miss Gali!   Because of her show cat status & quality markings, check out the bottom photo that shows her back legs!  Doesn't it look like someone used painter's tape to spray paint her white paws?!  WOW!  This has always astounded me so much!  Such a perfectly straight line!
Just a tidbit of info:  one of Miss Gali's nicknames is "Gorgeous & more Gorgeous" - hee hee  ^..^


 
I started with coordinating papers in the Kaisercraft Remember Me collection.  I punched the outer bottom piece all around the edge and then cut the center out (so I can use it in the future on another layout).  I stenciled the main page with copper crackle in a pattern to match what is printed on the paper.  Then 1/2" was cut from all sides and the edges inked with Distressed ink Vintage Photo.  The two pages were adhered together with double sided tape.
The title is custom cut by Want2Scrap.  After a gesso prep, I heat embossed the words with Tim Holtz Distressed Embossing Powder Frayed Burlap.  Then each piece was sprayed with Lindy's Stamp Gang retired Starburst color Saxifrage Olive Copper.  It's really a beautiful olive green color with copper shimmer.  Super stunning!  I also used it to splatter the background : )
Here is a couple of title close ups:

 
A few flower embellishments in coordinating colors were added.  I enhanced the large one at the top of the page by rubbing copper wax on its petals and the bead center.  The same copper wax helped tone down the red roses.  Adding a bit of reddish/natural hemp added a little rustic look.


 
The Dusty Attic small filmstrip chipboard piece is precious!  I decided to add photos of Miss Gali inside four of the open sections.  I simply inked this chippie with Distress ink Vintage Photo, lightly spritzed it with LSG Starburst retired Saxifrage Olive Copper and then added archival jet black ink to the edges.
 
Thanks so much for having a look and I hope that you have a very nice day!  Lisa :) ^..^
Products used:
Kaisercraft collection - Remember Me
Martha Stewart punch – Swirling Lace & Rose Leaf
Heidi Swapp 6x6 stencil - Lattice
Prima Texture Paste – Copper Crackle
Want2Scrap – custom cut chipboard (title)
Tim Holtz Distressed embossing powder – Frayed Burlap
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Starburst – (retired) Saxifrage Olive Copper
The Dusty Attic – Small Filmstrip
Michaels – large flower & metal filigree bead cap
Wild Orchid Crafts – mulberry roses (red rosebuds; open red roses; olive green cottage rose)
Little Yellow Bicycle – wood shapes
Tim Holtz Distressed ink – Vintage Photo
Ranger Archival ink – Jet Black
Viva Décor Inka Gold – Copper
Hemp – burnt red/natural
Cardstock - copper colored

 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful design , photos, colors,flowers! That Lindys spray on the title work is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this layout! The background work is awesome, I need some of that Prima crackle paste! I love how you've brought out the red from the photo, and all of your design elements are placed so perfectly and so balanced. Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! The matting and colours beautifully accent the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is gorgeous for Miss Gali and what a gorgeous cat! I'm a cat person myself. Is Miss Gali a Birman? Her blue eyes pop against the deep brown color! I have a Ragdoll cat and they are sooooooooo laid back....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Miss Gali is a Birman. If I would not have been able to get Birmans (I have MaMa and her last baby) then I wanted a Ragdoll! Ragdolls are super gorgeous and have such a wonderful laid back temperament. Thx so much Mandy!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!