Sunday, July 26, 2026

Baby Boy Congratulations Card & Envelope

 I made a cute card & envelope for my BFF's daughter & husband
as a welcome to their precious baby boy.
I just love 3D layering die cuts and luckily there were some for a baby boy!

Look how adorable this is!
I just LOVE the little dresser with its open drawers,
spilling out cute 'boy-colored' clothes!
And those precious stuffed animals are so adorable!


I chose a royal blue cardstock for the main card.
Using a 3D Polka Dots embossing folder on 
a piece of thick white vellum made a really nice background
for the layering die cuts to be on top of.
Aqua blue colored cardstock framed the edges of the vellum piece,
which made a layered look,as well as hid the glued edges.


Now let's move on to the fun details of this precious card!
Of course the layering is just so unique and beautiful.
It's hard to see in a photograph
how the die cuts jump out at you!

The open drawer really does look open with the layering that's done!

I want to show you what the layers look like from the side,
where you can see one layer after another
all raised by 3mm foam adhesive tape.



For slight dimension, I raised the words 'Baby Boy'
using 1/8" x 2mm thick foam adhesive tape.

For the inside of the card, 
I die cut, embossed & layered the sentiment pieces.
I decided to add two fussy cut stuffed animals 
from the layering die cuts set.
How cute is that?


===========================================
I learned some things that I didn't know, 
about using 3D embossing folders,
while creating this card and have posted about them:


===========================================

Now about the homemade box envelope,
which the step-by-step instructions are posted:


===========================================
I made the envelope because the 5x7 card ended up being 
almost 1" thick with all of those glorious layers,
so no regular sized envelope would be able to accommodate it.
I used extra thick 120 lb white cardstock for its sturdiness.
After determining the dimensions I needed,
I put the envelope together and then came 
the fun part......decorating it!

The box envelope measures 
8" long x 6-1/4" wide x 1" deep.

I made a magnetic flap to prevent the card from falling out.
Each magnet is covered by a decoration to hide it.

On the front of the flap, 
I used a fussy cut stuffed animal from the layering die cuts set,
which is adhered to an aqua blue square.
This aqua blue square is then adhered first to a 
piece of white cardstock for added sturdiness;
then it's adhered to the flap.
This hides the magnet area.

To the back side of the flap 
is adhered the Baby Boy words on an aqua blue rectangle.
On the envelope is a small heart,
also from the layering die cuts set,
that's placed over the magnet area.

(Note: the magnets are perfectly in line with each other,
as described in the box envelope instructions.)


For decorations, I die cut some balloons in glitter papers;
also die cut the letters to spell
"Welcome lil fig"
(this is an 'inside' joke with the family)


Everything is tucked in nicely.

As you can see in the photo below,
I scored the flap so it sits perfectly on top of the box envelope.


The card and box envelope were both very enjoyable to make!


Welcome lil fig, Owen Rooney, to this world!

Thanks for visiting!
Have a blessed day,
Lisa >^..^<

Products used:

card:

Papers 
Recollections - Royal Blue


Recollections - Cape Cod set
(used the light aqua blue)

Scrapbook.com - 40 lb. White Vellum


Scrapbook.com - 3D Embossing Folder - Polka Dots


Scrapbook.com - Dies
Nested A2 Arches


Nested Rectangles

Nested Vintage Classic
(for inside sentiment)


Katy Sue Designs - 3D Layering Die Cuts - Baby Boy



envelope:

Papers
120 lb. Premium White Cardstock


Recollections - Royal Blue


Scrapbook.com - Dies - Nested Stitched Balloons


Sizzix - 1" Alphanumeric Script by Tim Holtz

Recollections - Corner Punch

Tonic Studios - Small Craft Magnets


Katy Sue Designs - 3D Layering Die Cuts - Baby Boy



Tools:
Fiskars 12" SureCut
Paper Trimmer


Martha Stewart
Scoring Board


Sizzix Big Shot Machine

Sizzix Magnetic Platform

Sizzix Standard Cutting Pads


Tonic Studios - Tim Holtz
Retractable Craft Pick

Adhesives:
Scor-Tape

Nuvo Glue


Nuvo Precision Tips

Scrapbook.com
1/4" x 3mm
Foam Adhesive Tape

Scrapbook.com
1/8" x 2mm
Foam Adhesive Tape

E6000 Quick Hold
Clear Craft Glue
(to glue the magnets)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!