Sunday, August 28, 2022

Fragile World - Queen Alexandra's Birdwing Butterflies - Endangered

 WOW!!!
So many interesting animals & insects in the Fragile World coloring book!
This is my coloring of the Queen Alexandra Birdwing Butterfly. 
OMG!
This is the world's largest butterfly, reaching a wingspan up to 11"!!!!!
It's found exclusively in Papua New Guinea. 
They are currently on the Endangered List due to habitat loss, 
as well as illegal trading.
What a PRIZE for our Earth!

This is the internet photo that I used to color this beauty!

Shading in a darker coordinating color makes things 'come alive"!

I mimicked some hibiscus I had once that were a pretty
salmon with a cherry colored middle.






These beauties come in an array of colors, 
but this one with the gorgeous blue and chartreuse colors was my favorite!

Thx so much for dropping by!
Have a great week!
Lisa 

Products used:

Fragile World Coloring Book by Kerby Rosanes


Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils


Prismacolor Colorless Blending Pencil


Prismacolor Sharpener


Grumbacher Fixative Spray

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!