Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Protect & Preserve the bees

This layout is simple.
The message is simple.
Protect & Preserve the bees.

Please call a beekeeper - NOT an exterminator!
Sadly, there are many who remain ignorant that our survival 
is dependent on this wonderful insect - the bee!

We wouldn't have fruits and vegetables to eat.
We wouldn't have beautiful flowers to admire.
And our livestock would suffer because the clover would diminish.
There are so many synopses you can find on the true significance & importance of bees.

So, with this in mind, I titled my layout.

After a very disheartening realization in early Spring that a neighbor had an 
entire colony of bees KILLED instead of relocated, I deeply felt the loss.
I found the most pristine, perfect bee (among many others) on my driveway.  
It was flying to get away from the insecticide being doused on its home!

I preserved it in this tiny glass bottle and decided to dedicate a scrapbook page to bees.
Such magnificent little wonders in our World!

Very many years ago, I bought this Bo Bunny page named Sunflower.
I was so attracted to it.  
Now I'm not one to love fall colors to decorate with or to wear, 
but this page caught my eyes and wouldn't let go!
So, here we are today, mid-summer in southern Louisiana, 
but I'm scrapping with beautiful Fall colors!  

I started first and foremost with Reneabouquets stunning Queen Bee collection!
These beauties determined the colors I would use.
Aren't they luscious!
The details are truly amazing!



Once I decided that I would dedicate a scrapbook layout to bees, 
I found an image of the anatomy of a bee. 
Look how awesomely perfect Reneabouquets Queen Bee fits!!!  WOW!
PROOF that she pays close attention to details!
Very impressive!

Another buy I made many 'moons ago' that I never thought I would ever use 
is the large Honeycomb panel from Dusty Attic.  
Blue Fern Studios EP color Auburn was such a perfect color to use on it!
Also, BFS Seedlings color Harvest created the perfect 'honey' dripping from the hive!

The United States came out with a collection of stamps consisting of butterflies and bees
 named "Protect Pollinators".  
I buy them in support of this statement.  
So, they were most fitting to use on my layout!



I decorated my page with lots of sunflowers & pretty 49 and Market flowers.
The sunflowers were bought on one of my lunch-hour runs to the craft store when I worked - LOL!
If I saw something that appealed to me, I bought it!
So happy to be able to use these precious stickers!

I also found in my older stash some vellum bees from K&Company's Brenda Walton!

I say this wholeheartedly:
LONG LIVE BEES!
Please do whatever you can to save them.
Your life depends on it.

Thank you for your visit.
It's always very appreciated.
Please share this message and help save our prime pollinators - bees!

Products used:


Papers:

Bo Bunny
Autumn Song collection - Sunflower

Teresa Collins
World Traveler  - Luggage Tags
Backside used for title & die cut greenery

Embellishments:

Reneabouquets
Glass Wing Queen Bee Set

K&Company
Brenda Walton's Flora & Fauna Die Cuts (vellum bees)

Michaels - glass corked bottle


Die:

Spellbinders
Mosaic Vine

Media:

Blue Fern Studios
Auburn EP

Harvest Seedlings


Flowers:

49 and Market
Botanical Blends
Grenadine

Blossom Blends
Poppy


The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)
Sunflowers

Tools:

Sizzix
Big Shot

Magnetic Platform


Ink:

Nightfall Petal Point
used Dark Brown & Chestnut

Adhesives:
Beacon 3-in-1

Tombow 

Liquitex Matte Gel

Sookwang Scor-Tape

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!