Monday, July 25, 2016

Claude Monet's home- Giverny, France (6-15-2000)

I was so very lucky to be able to go on a European tour in the year 2000 with my daughter!  I was recently inspired to scrapbook some of those travels, starting with Claude Monet's home in Giverny, France.  My desire was bolstered by a nice lady that I friended on FaceBook, Gail Hunt of Gail Hunt Photography, who recently commented how much she wished that she could see Claude Monet's property in person and be able to photograph it.  Seeing her work, I have no doubt that her photography would capture much more feeling than my 35mm Minolta X-700 did when I was there.  But, even though this photo seems a bit mediocre, it certainly brings back memories for me of the peaceful silence and cool temperatures that surrounded Monet's gorgeous lily pond.  During 2000, Europe was experiencing an unprecedented heat wave.  Perhaps it was the luscious trees that line Monet's gorgeous lily pond that offered this peace and reprieve from the heat.  My daughter and I sat for a while on one of the benches overlooking the lily pond and just soaked it all in - so enjoyable!  I hope to scrap a couple of decent photos of Monet's lily pond in the near future.


I think that the sun must have been shining just right to make the top floor shutters of Monet's home look a bit turquoise in color.  You can see the bottom floor shutters (bottom floor is now a gift shop), as well as the hand rails, are the true green that is identical in color to the green bridges in Monet's lily pond that he painted numerous times. 

Now how perfect is this Blue Fern Studios paper and their wonderful chipboard piece for this photo?!  I heat embossed the chipboard using Stampendous Fran-táge color "Shabby White", so it has gold flecks in it.  I also added BFS Imagine Ink EP color "Cotton Candy" for some pretty pink.

I stenciled wild roses design just to the right side of the photo using white modeling paste.

  These pretty two-toned white roses with dusty pink centers are from Wild Orchid Crafts
  I've had them 'forever' and am really happy that I finally had the right setting to use some of them!  I settled on a make-shift 'climbing roses' design since Claude Monet's home is so full of climbing ivy and flower boxes over flowing with flowers! 
Of course, the Tattered Lace Ornate Leaves dies always bring life to floral arrangements!
 Mini prills were added in random areas.  I absolutely LOVE those little beauties!




Thank you so much for visiting and I hope that you can come again. 
Have a great week!  Lisa : )


Products used

Blue Fern Studios paper - Tranquility collection - Hushed

Blue Fern Studios chipboard - Flourish Medley

Blue Fern Studios embossing powder - Imagine Ink - Cotton Candy

Stampendous Fran-táge embossing powder - Shabby White


Prima 6x6 stencil - Wild Roses

Tattered Lace dies - Ornate Leaves


Kaisercraft - Key to my Heart collection - Charmed (backside) for the leaves die cut

Wild Orchid Crafts - White/Dusty pink centered Wild Roses 30mm

 Michael's - Recollections rhinestone rose sticker
Liquitex - Professional Flexible Modeling Paste
US Artquest mini prills - Spring Bling collection - Minnie Pearls & Tu-Tu Pink

2 comments:

  1. Lovely Lisa, lovely layout! What a wonderful trip it must have been for you and your daughter! What wonderful memories you share, and what a nice layout your photo makes =) Love all the little details. Those Tattered Lace leaves really do add such a nice detail, and those Prills are so fun, I have got to try them out! Hope you're having a happy Monday! :) {your fur-loving friend} ~ Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love all the roses and the stencilled rose pattern too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!