Saturday, February 13, 2016

Happy Together

Here is another layout featuring my daughter and her husband.  They took a selfie in September 2015 at the Mötley Crüe/Alice Cooper concert : )  Every time I look at photos of Brianne and John, I always think to myself how very happy they look together...

I'm a 'purpleholic' so this GORGEOUS Blue Fern Studios "Timeless" paper collection with its plum tones really grabs me!

I used one of the 'Calling Cards' from the collection to mount the photo.  The very bottom layer is from the backside of the Calling Cards page.  I love the rich brown-plum!

I incorporated some bronze colored metal pieces into the design, along with beautiful flowers : )

I stamped on both sides of the photo with the Blue Fern Studios "Essential Textures" brick wall.  I chose to heat emboss with Blue Fern Studios Imagine Ink "Oatmeal" for a subtle look.  I LOVE it, LOVE it, LOVE it!

Want2Scrap chipboard words were used for the title and inked in a beautiful Raisin colored pigment ink. 

The late 60's song by the Turtles "Happy Together", with all of its lyrics and music, would not quit playing in my head so I had to play it from YouTube! LOL   I love this happy song.  So, I included some of the lyrics on the layout!  I chose these words from the song because they are so fitting of Brianne and John.

The printing on this paper is so stunning that it well deserves to be part of the whole design, which is why I decided to not punch or distress the edges.  The edges of the layout are framed with printed white lace, so I simply added bronze colored metal filigree corner pieces as accents.  

Oh how wonderfully FUN it was creating this layout! 
Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look! 
Have a wonderful weekend!  Lisa : )

Products Used:


Blue Fern Studios Timeless paper collection - Main Street and Calling Cards



Blue Fern Studios stamp - Essential Textures
Blue Fern Studios Imagine Ink Embossing Powder - Oatmeal

Sizzix BigZ Die - Tim Holtz - Garden Greens
Flowers used on this layout:

Mixed Earth Tone Wild Roses 30mm (QVR-004)
Purple/Lilac Tone Trellis Roses 35mm (MKX-094)
Mixed Blue Tone Cottage Roses 25mm (QVR-048)
Navy Blue Open Roses 20mm (MKX-022)

QVR-004
MKX-094
QVR-048
MKX-022

Petaloo - Penny Lane -
Small Plum Flowers
Eggplant Wild Roses
                                   
Hobby Lobby - Spare Parts -
Tan Vintage Embossed Daisies
Tan Petite Daisies
Pastels Layered #2
  
ColorBox Pigment Ink - Raisin

Want2Scrap chipboard words
Michaels - bronze colored metal key
misc. bronze colored filigree pieces 


7 comments:

  1. Lisa - oh my gosh - what an absolutely gorgeous, gorgeous page! I love everything about it - from the embossing to the colors to the flowers. The photo is just adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Lisa! Everything goes so beautifully together! I'm coveting those Pastels Layered #2 flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the design layout for this page because it inspired me to finish a layout I started months ago lol I needed a good design idea like this one

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the embossing - what a beautiful, subtle effect! It's so great to look back on photos that make us happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the embossing - what a beautiful, subtle effect! It's so great to look back on photos that make us happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!