Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas Cards 2015 – created for some special people in our lives

Hi everyone! This year I decided to create Christmas cards for me and my husband to give to some special people in our lives. 


This is my first try at card making and it was extremely enjoyable!  I came up with the basic design and it evolved from there.  I am very pleased, in fact joyously pleased, with the beautiful effect produced by the ornate textured stamp used as the decorative background on the front of the card.  Heat embossing this gorgeous design with Lindy’s Stamp Gang’s King Midas Gold really gave the feel of Christmas elegance! 

I made these cards in ‘assembly line’ fashion – meaning that I took one element and produced it multiple times to complete all of the cards. Then I would move on to the next step and do the same thing with each card until all were completed.  The printing on the cards was done first, followed by the heat embossing of the background texture; then the other steps fell into place, with the last step of adding the greenery. I made 15 cards, so using this type of systematic creating really helped to speed up the process. 
Assembled the flower clusters


Glued the centerpieces together


Adhered centerpieces and flowers

A quick peek inside the card:
And the back of the card where the word “Peace” was heat embossed:
Deep red rose clusters with piney die cuts added color, beauty & a natural look to the card:
Thanks so much for your visit and taking a look at my Christmas cards! 
My fingers are tightly crossed in hopes that the cards arrived through the mail intact to each special person.
 
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year! Lisa : )   >^..^<

Products used:
Recollections (Michael’s):
   ~cards & envelopes – Pearlized Gold
   ~Garnet Red textured cardstock
   ~Green with gold specks cardstock
   ~Pearlized White cardstock
Stampabilities wood mounted stamp – Ornate Textured Background
 
Inkadinkado clear stamp – Calligraphy Expressions “Peace”
 
Lindy’s Stamp Gang embossing powder – King Midas Gold
Lindy’s Glitz Spritz – Blazing Sun
Spellbinders dies – Labels One & Luscious Labels One
 
 
Wild Orchid Crafts – Open Roses 20mm – Deep Red (#MKX-002)

Wild Orchid Crafts - Rosebuds 4mm – Red Tone (#MKX-623)
Cheery Lynn Designs – Border Die B216 – Wreath Strip
 
Mark Richard’s – Metallic Gold Nail Heads
 



 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card! Such lovely little finishing details and I love that subtle gold heat-embossing you did on the background. I'm honoured to be one of the lucky people to receive one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!