Thursday, July 16, 2015

My Gladiolas

Here is a simple layout that I created for my Flower Scrapbook.  I took the photos in June 2010.  It was a very healthy year for my gladiolas!  These are two of my most favorite photos of them.  They are the prettiest light pink with magenta edges and gorgeous yellow centers.  
 
I let the design in the paper be my guide and decided not to do too much decorating.  Like all of my flower layouts, it’s about the photos for me to look at and reminisce in the years to come.
I found a cute 3D sticker of a singing Robin on a branch in my stash.  It gave me the idea to ‘hang’ the larger bird cage using pearlescent blue embroidery thread. 
I did some simple embossing in white with shadings of blue on the bird cage:
 
I emboss-painted the wooden flowers by using a yellowish color for the centers and baby pink on the petals, leaving a small outer edge for magenta colored pigment ink (in an attempt to mimick the colors if the gladiolas). Clear tiny rhinestones added some bling to the centers. 
 
Since the printed bird cage on the paper has jewels hanging from the bottom of it, I decided to add a couple of pink beads to hang on the other bird cage that I embossed in white and made the bird blue.
 

Thanks for looking and have a great day!  Lisa : )
 
Products used:
 
Pink Paislee Spring Jubilee collection – page named Bash & a fussy cut of the bird with the crown
Michael’s – wooden flowers & bird cages
Martha Stewart punch – Vintage Floral
EK Success – glitter number stickers
K&Company Susan Winget – Robin on a branch
Embossing:
   Recollections – Snow
   Stampendous! – Blushing Pink
   Lindy’s Stamp Gang – Dandelion Yellow Green & Morning Glory Azure
Pigment inks – Pink & Magenta

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos and layout! Love the birdcage hanging on the embroidery thread and the paint technique on the wooden flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!