Thursday, June 23, 2016

Roses are Red

I love photographing my flowers! 
This one was taken on 5-16-16 of several mini red roses, all in full bloom,
that grow in front of my 2 foot tall Virgin Mary statue. 
She is made of white resin and is such a beautiful addition to the front yard garden.  
She is surrounded by pink & yellow gladiolas behind her and pink & red miniature roses in front of her.
 I felt this photo deserved a simple, but dramatic layout.
Quite a striking contrast between the pure white and beautiful red.
 
The paper is by The Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby that I bought quite a long time ago when I was scrapping my daughter's wedding album.  It was perfect for this photo!

Wild Orchid Crafts beautiful mulberry roses are truly divine! 
The Tattered Lace dies "Ornate Leaves" has a leafy rose stem die that is just gorgeous
In the close up below, check out the fabulous embossed texture in the paper!

Well, that's it for now.  Your visit is much appreciated!  Have a great day, Lisa : )

Products used:

The Paper Studio paper - Embossed Medallions
Kaisercraft papers:
Key to my Heart collection - "Charmed" (backside used for leaf die cuts)

Remember Me collection - "Margaret" (Backside used under photo)

Tattered Lace Die - Ornate Leaves

Wild Orchid Crafts Roses
Open Roses-20mm
Rosebuds-4 mm


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo and layout! Love the mix of open roses and rosebuds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous and elegant, Lisa! The roses are so lovely, as is the statue of the Blessed Mother!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!