Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Portrait of Lucy

I'm very excited to share the newest layout of Lucy!  She is so expressive! 
She loves to hide behind the shower curtain and peek out to jump and scare you - LOL!! 
I was able to capture this ultra-adorable pose of her on 5-19-16.

This gorgeous paper is Blue Fern Studios Tranquility collection page named Serenity. The collection is absolutely exquisite!  As with all BFS papers, I try to incorporate the gorgeous printed designs into my layout design. 

I was very excited to finally be able to use my Wild Orchid Crafts poppy flowers since the flowers printed on the paper are poppies!  I sprayed them with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst color Salt Water Taffy, followed by light spritzing of the color Steampunk Sepia to give them an aged look. 

I mixed Lindy's mica powder "Opal Sea Oats" with clear crackle texture paste. 
A few areas were stenciled with this mixture.

I'm completely in love with the Tattered Lace Ornate Leaves dies.  I used the die that is a fern.  The die scores the leaf centers so folding them for a more realistic look is much easier to do.  They are phenomenal!  Along with leaves, I tucked in pieces of vintage shabby lace and pearl stamens with the flower clusters.  I lightly sprayed the vintage lace with Lindy's Starburst color Opal Sea Oats, followed by color Salt Water Taffy.  The white pearl stamens were recolored with alcohol ink "Shell Pink" and then a coat of "Pearl". 



The pretty chipboard script "Lucy" is from Want2Scrap custom cuts
I heat embossed it with Lindy's Chateau Rosé and then touched the bottom with Creamy Brown pigment ink.

Various sizes of Want2Scrap LeCreme colored pearls were randomly adhered to the layout
 for a dreamy look....just like Lucy's eyes.

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day! 
Lisa : ) & Lucy >^..^<

Products used:

Blue Fern Studios - Tranquility collection - Serenity

Blue Fern Studios - Timeless collection - Song (distressed piece behind photo)

Blue Fern Studios - Timeless collection - Maçonnerie (for leaf dies)

Prima 6x6 stencil - Décor 1

Tattered Lace dies - Ornate Leaves

Wild Orchid Crafts flowers - Pale Pink Poppies (MKX-352)

Prima flowers - Eminence collection


Want2Scrap - custom cut chipboard word "Lucy" & LeCreme Pearls
Hobby Lobby - Vintage lace; pearl stamens
Lindy's Stamp Gang - mica powder Opal Seal Oats in the Magical Set Mermaid Seashells
Lindy's Stamp Gang - embossing powder Chateau Rosé
Color Box pigment ink - Creamy Brown
Tim Holtz Adirondack alcohol inks - Shell Pink & Pearl

 

4 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous! I love your flower, lace, and fern clusters, and the embossing, the pearls, everything and of course Lucy. I might need to get a custom cut title for Oliver. I know I need that tattered die too. I have a few, but not that one. Love that it folds the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lisa, another most gorgeous page, as well as a gorgeous photo of your precious Lucy! Your design is just beautiful - and your selection of papers and embellies is, as always, perfect! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty and obviously a work of love! Love the soft tones in the ferns and the stenciling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design and layout! Love the flower clusters with those poppies and tattered lace die-cuts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!